For a parent looking for an awesome jogging stroller, you have a few great options. I know that I was certainly caught between the Bob Revolution and the Thule Urban Glide. I ultimately ended up going with the latter, and have been very pleased with my decision, though plenty of folks prefer the BOB. But what I can say is that, the Thule is, hands-down, one of my best parenting purchases, ever.
– It’s light. At 23 lbs, it’s lighter than a lot of other jogging strollers, but it’s still substantial enough that it can hop curbs and spread gravel with ease. My wife and I call it “the Land Rover.”
– Since it’s the “Urban Glide,” and not just the “Glide,” the front wheel can be allowed to swivel 360-degrees, in addition to being locked straight for running. This will allow you to easily navigate tight supermarket aisles or crowded city streets.
– The wheels are big, shock-absorbing, and durable. They also feature inner tubes (like a bicycle) that can be easily replaced in case of a puncture.
– The blue color – “Thule Blue” is beautiful.
– The neoprene-covered handlebar is very adjustable, and also really comfortable, making the Thule Urban Glide a pleasure to run with.
– It’s easy to adjust the tilt of the seat, so your child is comfortable.
– The sun visor is easily adjustable, and can be moved to shade any part of the child’s seat.
– There is a giant “trunk” underneath the stroller that’s perfect for groceries or your passenger’s toys.
– The wheels can be easily removed for storage in the back of a car – simply pop them off using the blue button in the center of the wheel – and it then takes only about ten seconds to fold up.
– Western States 100 Champ Ryan Sandes uses the Thule Urban Glide. Why aren’t you?
No stroller is perfect, and the Thule has a few quirks that can be frustrating
– When locked, the front wheel has a frustrating tendency to tilt to the right, which defeats the purpose of locking it, in the first place. I’ve found this a challenge to fix.
– When unlocked, the front wheel will sometimes bounce or vibrate uncontrollably – a frustrating phenomenon that can only be remedied by tilting up the front of the stroller and then bringing it back to the ground.
The Thule Urban Glide is, hands-down, one of the best running items I’ve ever bought. I can’t recommend it highly enough. For some added versatility and convenience, I’ve added a Skip Hop Stroller Organizer to keep my phone, wallet, keys and earbuds in one place.